A United Kingdom news organization, Mirror Online, reported Sunday that 50 children per week in Britain are visiting sex change clinics.
What did the report say?
- The Mirror published information by some experts who said that the number of referrals to sex change clinics is on the rise due to “the growing acceptance of gender issues.”
- Children as young as 4 years old are now telling their parents that they want to change their gender.
- The children visiting the clinics are reportedly unhappy with the body they were born with.
- According to the Mirror, the number of children visiting Britain’s sex change specialist clinic — The Gender Identity Development Service — has seen an increase of 24 percent in the past six months.
- The Mirror reported that in 2017, two children seen at the clinic were 4 years old, four children were 5 years old, and 17 children were 6 years old.
- In 2009, there were 97 children referred to the clinic.
- In the 2016-17 school year, 2,016 children were referred to the clinic.
- For the 2017-18 school year, experts anticipate the figure to climb to 2,600.