Our universe shouldn’t exist, according to scientists at CERN — the European Organization for Nuclear Research, Newsweek reported.
And believers in God just might get a kick out of one of the questions that’s stumping them.
Why are CERN scientists saying the universe shouldn’t exist?
- Researchers have discovered a symmetry in nature they say shouldn’t be possible, the magazine said.
- After the Big Bang, matter had to form, Newsweek added.
- But if there were equal measures of particles and antiparticles, the universe wouldn’t exist since particles and antiparticles annihilate each other upon contact, the magazine continued.
- Therefore there must be an imbalance between them, Newsweek noted.
- But apparently there is no imbalance, the magazine said.